John Magro has been unquestionably the dominant force in the Australian Formula 3 Championship in 2019… and there’s a special piece of history waiting for him if he can extend his winning streak at SMP.
Magro’s perfect start to the season has included clean sweeps at Winton, Morgan Park and The Bend, giving him nine race wins on the trot. If he can score another hat-trick at SMP, he’ll extend his run to 12 wins, equalling the long-standing record for most-consecutive race victories, held by Brit Ben Clucas since 2006.
Magro heads to SMP with a commanding points advantage over Gilmour Racing driver Josh Buchan, with Richard Peasey third in the points despite missing the most recent round at The Bend.
The contest in the National Class is also an intriguing one, Gerrit Ruff leading Roman Krumins by just five points. Ruff and Krumins each scored an overall win in the first two rounds, but were upstaged at The Bend by James Wilkins.
Points after Round 3 (outright)
- John Magro – 144
- Josh Buchan – 76
- Richard Peasey – 62
Points after Round 3 (national class)
- Gerrit Ruff – 105
- Roman Krumins – 100
- Andrew Roberts – 60
Formula 3 Round 4 entry list
5. Andrew Roberts – ABR Signs Roberts Acadamy Dallara F304
6. Roman Krumins – Cosmetic Medical Centre Dallara F307
8. John Magro – Magro Farming Co Dallara F308/11
17. Joshua Buchan – Mcdonalds Toowoomba Dallara F308/11
22. Gerrit Ruff – Hammersley Australia Dallara F305
27. Shane Wilson – Wiltec Industries Dallara F308/11
34. Rielly Brook – Sea-Trek Kck Lubricants Mygale Mo7
81. Ross Mcalpine – Ross Mcalpine Mygale F11
99. Ryan Astley – 99 Motorsports Dallara F204
TBA. To Be Confirmed