To our valued competitors, officials and supporters,
In light of several enquiries we have received, we would like to ensure all relevant parties are aware of the circumstances under which our upcoming race meeting on 25-27 September will be conducted.
The AMRS, our sanctioning body, the Australian Auto Sport Alliance and Sydney Motorsport Park have been in communications with the NSW Office of Sport regarding the facilitation of motorsport events.
Our advice has been that the current recommendations for community sport (that state and national events should not take place during a six-week period) do not apply to motorsport.
Therefore, motorsport events such as the upcoming AMRS round are able to continue, as long as they adhere to the directions stipulated in NSW Public Health Order Number 4.
The AMRS round will comply with all the directions in this public health order. Specifically:
- The event will comply with a COVID-19 safety plan which will be available for viewing by an authorised officer.
- No more than 500 participants will be permitted on site at Sydney Motorsport Park at any one time.
Sydney Motorsport Park has a strict COVID-19 best-practice policy in place; in line with current NSW Health and WHO regulations and best practice. This includes:
- Monitoring all persons entering the site with appropriate recording of details, temperature checks and questionnaires.
- Removing person to person contact between staff and participants, or where absolutely necessary, ensure appropriate PPE is worn/cleaned or discarded after contact with any individual.
- Following the density guidelines provided, currently 1 person / 4m2.
- Ensuring staff/participants practice social distancing at all times, currently 1.5m away from each other.
Any competitors or categories with concerns are invited to contact us directly for clarification.
AMRS Series Manager